Monday, July 30, 2007

Reflections on a crazy God

"After the tears comes silence:
The slow night, the still sad time.
Rinsed, empty, scoured and sore with salt,
Spent, waiting without hope.
After the night comes the Lamb:
Bright morning star, with living water free
And fresh, the fruit of Friday's toil." - NT Wright


"This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says:
'Only in returning to me and resting in me will you be saved.
In quietness and confidence is your strength. But you would have none of it.
You said, 'No, we will get our help from Egypt.
They will give us swift horses for riding into battle.' But the only swiftness you are going t osee is the swiftness ofyour enemies chasing you!...

So the Lord must wait for you to come to him
so he can show you his love and compassion.
For the Lord is a faithful God. Blessed are those who wait for his help....
He will be gracious if you ask for help.
He will surely respond to the sound of your cires.
Though the Lord gave you adversity for food and suffering for drink, he will still be wiht you to teach you. " ~Isaiah 30:15


"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign Lord is my strengh; He makes my feet like the feet of the deer, He enables me to go on the heights." Habakkuk 3:17-19

1 comment:

Cynthe said...

Holly,
Thanks for posting these reflections. Those verses were refreshing to my soul. There's something about someone else giving you a Scripture verse that recaptures the freshness of those promises. -Cynthe